Monday, May 25, 2009

Crater Lake, Oregon

Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States, and one of the most beautiful!  The lake was formed after the collapse of an ancient volcano named Mount Mazama. I drove from Salem to Roseburg and took the Mapquest âs directions to Crater Lake. It takes around 6hrs drive from Seattle. It was simply wonderful I loved seeing the points near Crater Lake in the distance, and the beautiful little purple flowers on the side of the road.We started noticing the snow right away, so we pulled over and played in it! When we got to the first lookout, I rounded the corner and nearly lost my breath, it was astounding to say the least.

Finally we were at Rim Village, The Gift shop had some very cute and pretty things, I picked up Christmas Ornaments that were on clearance, a photo box, a envelope of standard size postcards, and a beautiful turquoise necklace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment